ROBERT J. CONLAN practices complex federal, state and administrative litigation, with special emphasis on the representation and defense of corporations and individuals doing business with, or regulated by, the federal government. Mr. Conlan has extensive experience in federal investigations and prosecutions relating to the performance of government contracts and private sector participation in government programs.
Over the last 20 years, Mr. Conlan has focused heavily on the defense of investigations and litigated actions under the federal Civil False Claims Act and state analogues, including major qui tam “whistleblower” lawsuits, as well as False Claims Act matters initiated and pursued solely by the federal government. Mr. Conlan’s experience in this area is broad; he has represented major corporate clients in a host of business sectors, including defense contracting, technology, telecommunications, financial services, medical devices and pharmaceuticals. Mr. Conlan also regularly assists clients in the defense of whistleblower retaliation claims under the False Claims Act.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1988 (with high honors, Order of the Coif, Managing Editor, The George Washington Law Review)
- University of Maryland, B.S., 1983