CHRIS EISWERTH is a member of the commercial litigation and disputes practice group, where he focuses on appellate, cybersecurity and other privacy-related matters.
Christopher’s recent matters include:
Appellate and Trial-Court Litigation
- Representing a mining company in a CERCLA appeal before the Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- Representing an in-flight internet service provider in appeal of order regarding “click-wrap” contracts before the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Representing an accounting firm in reversing multi-million dollar judgment and defending the decision before the Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Representing a leading medical device manufacturer in defending numerous suits in federal and state trial courts.
- Representing a regional egg producer before the Ohio Third District Court of Appeals and obtaining a unanimous opinion, reversing a combined $5 million breach of contract verdict.
In addition, Chris has assisted in the drafting of numerous merits and certiorari-stage briefs before the United States Supreme Court.
- Representing a major social media company in responding to a civil investigative demand from the Federal Trade Commission.
- Providing ongoing counseling to a leading telecommunications company regarding implications of Telephone Consumer Protection Act and state analogs.
- Preparing comments to proposed rulemaking by the Federal Communications Commission on behalf of a leading telecommunications company.
- Assisting in the drafting and preparation of Essentially Equivalent: A Comparison of the Legal Orders for Privacy and Data Protection in the European Union and United States.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Pennsylvania
- Missouri Circuit Court, St. Louis City, 22nd
- District of Columbia
- Indiana Court of Appeals
- Indiana, Superior Court, Marion County
- Pennsylvania, Common Pleas Court, Allegheny County
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2013 (cum laude)
- Dickinson College, B.A., 2008 (summa cum laude)
- Karen Nelson Moore, U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit (2013 - 2014)