SARAH HEMMENDINGER is an associate in the San Francisco office in Sidley’s Securities and Shareholder Litigation practice.
Prior to joining Sidley, Sarah served as a law clerk to the Honorable James C. Cacheris of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. She also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Richard D. Bennett of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
Sarah received her law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she served on the Articles Review Committee of the Virginia Law & Business Review. She was also a semifinalist in the William Minor Lile Moot Court. Sarah received her A.B. in history from Princeton University where she was a recipient of the Daily Princetonian Donald Clive Stuart, Jr. ’35 Award for excellence in business.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of California
- New York
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2013 (Order of the Coif)
- Princeton University, A.B., 2010 (cum laude)
- James C. Cacheris, U.S. District Court, E.D. of Virginia (2013 - 2014)