ROBERT KEELING is an experienced litigator whose practice includes a special focus on electronic discovery matters. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil litigation throughout the nation and conducts internal investigations in the United States and throughout the world. Robert handles a wide variety of commercial disputes in state and federal court. He is experienced in multi-district litigation, false claims act litigation, commercial litigation, securities class actions, contract disputes, RICO and fraud actions, insurance coverage litigation and many other types of cases.
Robert is a co-chair of the firm’s E-Discovery Task Force. Robert is experienced with technology-assisted review, predictive coding and other applications that can enable clients to significantly reduce e-discovery costs while maintaining the defensibility of the review. For clients across a range of industries, he:
- Counsels on how to efficiently and effectively manage e-discovery risks and obligations;
- Assists companies to develop defensible e-discovery policies and procedures;
- Advises clients on records and information governance issues; and
- Guides clients through all phases of discovery.
Robert also has substantial experience conducting investigations both, in the United States and abroad. He has represented numerous clients in international investigations with respect to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and advises companies on the implementation of effective compliance programs related to the FCPA. Robert also has handled internal investigations involving allegations of healthcare fraud and abuse, embezzlement, accounting irregularities and violations of securities and banking regulations.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2000
- James Madison University, B.S., 1996 (summa cum laude)
- Jerome B. Friedman, U.S. District Court, E.D. of Virginia (2001 - 2002)