PAIGE LEVITT is a senior managing associate in the Chicago office and practices in the Insurance and Financial Services group.
Paige earned her J.D. from The University of Chicago Law School. Prior to that, she received her M.A. in Political Science with a concentration in Civic Leadership and her B.S. with highest honors in Human Development and Family Studies, both from the University of Illinois.
Prior to joining Sidley, Paige served as a PILI Graduate Fellow at the Voting Rights Project of the Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
Recent matters on which Paige has advised include representation of:
- Merger of Athene Holding with Apollo Global Management, in an all-stock transaction creating a pro forma US$29 billion market cap company (with Athene valued at approximately US$11 billion).
- US$500 million indirect equity investment in Jackson National Life Insurance Company by Athene Life Re.
- Combination common share exchange with and US$1.55 billion sale of common shares to Apollo Global Management by Athene Holding. The transaction also involved the elimination of Athene’s multi-class share structure.
- Formation and capitalization by Athene Holding and Apollo Global Management of Athene Co-Invest Reinsurance Affiliate 1A, Ltd. (ACRA), a long-duration, on-demand capital vehicle funded by Athene and certain investment funds managed by Apollo.
- Athora Holding Ltd., a Bermuda-based insurance and reinsurance group founded by Apollo and Athene, which provides specialty solutions to the European insurance market, on its formation and €2.1 billion initial capitalization.
- Western & Southern Financial Group on its acquisition of Gerber Life Insurance Company from Nestlé S.A. for $1.55 billion.
- Apollo on its acquisition of Catalina Holdings.
- Apollo in the acquisition of Fortress Investment Group’s ownership in OneMain Financial for $1.4 billion.
- RGA in connection with the first-ever term life PBR reserve financing solution completed for a leading life insurer.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company in its $21 billion MassMutual Global Funding II program.