DANIEL LIN is a co-managing partner of Sidley Austin Nishikawa Foreign Law Joint Enterprise.
Daniel’s practice focuses on energy, infrastructure and M&A transactions.
He regularly advises prominent Asia-based utilities, trading companies, EPC, and financial institutions on the development, acquisition, and disposal of energy and infrastructure projects, including conventional power, renewable, and oil and gas projects. Daniel also has extensive experience advising financial institutions on financing the development and acquisition of these projects. In addition to energy and infrastructure matters, Daniel regularly counsels general corporates on Japan out-bound and in-bound M&A transactions in a number of other sectors.
Daniel’s expertise in project and energy matters has been highly valued by clients and has been recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific in the foreign lawyer league table in Japan.
Daniel speaks fluent Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
Admissions & Certifications
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association as Foreign Lawyer in Australia, New South Wales
- New South Wales, Australia
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- GJB (Registered Foreign Lawyer in Japan)
- University of Sydney, LL.M., 2004
- University of Sydney, LL.B., 2000 (with honours)
- University of Sydney, B.A., 1998
- Chinese - Mandarin