DANIEL LIN is a managing partner of Sidley Austin Nishikawa Foreign Law Joint Enterprise. Daniel’s practice focuses on energy, infrastructure and M&A transactions.
Daniel regularly advises Asia-based utilities, trading companies, export credit agencies, commercial lenders and other corporations on cross-border investments and financing in energy projects and other assets throughout the world. He has counseled prominent Japanese utilities, trading companies and other corporations on cross-border investments and M&A matters in a variety of sectors, including power (both conventional and renewable) and oil and gas, and he regularly advises Asia-based financial institutions and export credit agencies on the financing of both greenfield and brownfield power and infrastructure projects. In addition, Daniel has worked in the legal department of one of the Japanese export credit agencies while on secondment.
Daniel’s expertise in project and energy matters has been highly valued by clients and has been recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific in the foreign lawyer league table in Japan.
Admissions & Certifications
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association as Foreign Lawyer in Australia, New South Wales
- New South Wales, Australia
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- GJB (Registered Foreign Lawyer in Japan)
- University of Sydney, LL.M., 2004
- University of Sydney, LL.B., 2000 (with honours)
- University of Sydney, B.A., 1998
- Chinese - Mandarin