JESSICA ROYEL is a managing associate in the Chicago office and is a member of the Real Estate group. Jessica has represented large institutional lenders in a variety of complex single and multi-asset financings of commercial real estate, which include mortgage originations for commercial mortgage-backed securitization programs, mezzanine loans, and loan assumptions and sales. She also represents purchasers and sellers in acquisitions and dispositions of real property.
Jessica’s recent work includes the following:
- Representing American National Insurance in its $5.1 billion acquisition by Brookfield Asset Management Reinsurance Partners (pending).
- Representation of a large institutional lender in connection with an aggregate $840 million mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by a portfolio of seven Class A and B office properties, totaling approximately 2.13 million square feet, including the securitization of the mortgage and mezzanine components in single asset securitizations.
- Representation of three large institutional co-lenders in connection with the origination of a $1.245 billion CMBS mortgage loan secured by a 1.4 million square foot, 51-story, Class A office building located within the Hudson Yards development of Manhattan in New York City.
- Representation of a large institutional lender in connection with the origination of two separate mortgage loans in the aggregate of $585 million, secured by a portfolio of 27 industrial properties located across seven states, totaling approximately 5.85 million square feet, including the securitization of one mortgage loan in a single asset securitization and the syndication and sale of a portion of the second mortgage loan.
- Representation of a syndicate of lenders in connection with an aggregate CAN$785 million mortgage loan and mezzanine loan secured by approximately 70 self-storage facilities located in Canada.
- Seller representation in connection with the disposition of a large portfolio of 49 senior housing facilities and memory care facilities located across six states for approximately $1.8 billion.
- Seller representation in connection with a $700 million disposition of a portfolio of eleven senior housing facilities and memory care facilities located across three states.
- Representation of a pro bono client in connection with multiple transactions involving the disposition of various real estate assets.