MAX SAVOIE advises banks, payment service providers, payment systems, investment firms, fund managers, and other financial institutions on UK and EU financial services regulatory issues, including in respect of:
- payment services (e.g. PSD2, Open Banking, Interchange Fees Regulation, regulation of cross-border payments, card schemes);
- fintech (e.g. crypto currencies and assets, APIs, cloud services, regulatory authorization and outsourcing requirements);
- banking (e.g. deposit taking, capital requirements, regulatory supervision and reporting requirements);
- anti-money laundering and KYC rules;
- custody/depositary services and the holding of client assets and client money;
- financial benchmarks;
- regulatory authorization, systems and controls, conduct of business and reporting requirements; and
- transactions involving financial institutions.
Max has advised on a number of cross-border transactions and regulatory projects for leading international financial institutions. Recently these have included M&A transactions in the payments sector and projects relating to fintech product and business launches, group restructurings and Brexit planning.
Max also has experience in public policy and regulatory engagement work for financial sector clients and has worked with several international financial services trade associations in discussions with EU and UK policy makers and regulators.