Matt regularly represents public and private companies, including private equity funds, in connection with their transactional needs and other corporate matters. Matt also has experience representing clients in a number of industries, including financial services, technology/software, healthcare and medical products, REITs, and paper and packaging products. Some notable recent engagements include representing:
- Porch Group, Inc. in its acquisition of CSE Insurance Group, a personal lines insurer focused on property and automobile insurance (pending);
- Pretium Partners on multiple acquisitions, including its pending $2.4 billion “take private” acquisition of Front Yard Residential Corporation (NYSE: “RESI”) and its acquisitions of Selene Finance, a specialty residential mortgage servicing business and Deephaven Mortgage, a non-qualified mortgage origination business;
- Ryan Specialty Group on multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of All Risks, Ltd.
- Clearlake Capital Group on multiple acquisitions and divestitures, including its pending $3 billion “take-private” acquisition of Endurance International Group Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: “EIGI”);
- Transworld Systems Inc, a Clearlake Capital-backed leading analytics-driven provider of accounts receivable management, healthcare revenue cycle and loan servicing solutions in multiple acquisitions;
- Porch.com Inc. in its business combination with PropTech Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC, to become a publicly listed company in a transaction valued at US$523 million;
- CIT Bank (NYSE: “CIT”) in connection with the sale of its reverse mortgage loan portfolio valued at approximately $900 million and its related servicing rights portfolio and servicing platform;
- The Chicago Stock Exchange in connection with its sale to Intercontinental Exchange, Inc., the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE);
- BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: “BWA”) in its acquisitions of Remy International, Inc., a transaction valued at $1.2 billion, Sevcon, Inc. and multiple other transactions;
- Coty Inc. (NYSE: “COTY”) in connection with a $750 million majority equity investment in Younique LLC, a social media focused direct marketing cosmetics company;
- General Electric Company (NYSE: “GE”) in connection with the sale of its GE Appliances business unit to Haier Group, a transaction valued at $5.4 billion, and multiple other transactions;
- Welltower Inc. (NYSE: “WELL”) in connection with multiple acquisitions and cross-border joint venture arrangements;
- Catalyst Paper Corporation in connection with its $175 million divestiture of its US operations to Nine Dragons Paper Holdings Limited in 2018 as well as its 2017 recapitalization and privatization and multiple other transactions; and
- Various venture capital investments and emerging company representations including 7Wire Ventures, Basecamp (formerly 37signals) and Civis Analytics, Inc.
Matt has been recognized in the 2017–2021 editions of Illinois Super Lawyers magazine as a “Rising Star” in the specialty of Mergers and Acquisitions.