The UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs has published new guidance on “How to comply with pesticide regulations from 1 January 2021” to help those using, producing or placing pesticides ensure they meet regulations.
Thee new guidance covers the following matters:
- The UK’s regulator: The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will continue to operate as the UK’s regulator.
- Producing or placing pesticides on the market: On January 1, 2021, Great Britain will establish independent pesticides regulatory rules. To produce or place pesticides on the market, you must be authorised under the new laws; for the time being the new laws will be similar to existing laws.
- Producing or placing feed on the market: To produce or place food/feed on the market, you must comply with regulations for Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs). Currently, statutory MRLs are set on an EU-wide basis under EC Regulation 396/2005. Previous guidance explains that from January 1, 2021, the HSE will set MRLs based on its own assessments (as well as making its own decisions on active substance approvals and Plant Protection Product (PPP) approval).
- Existing Plant Protection Product (PPP) authorisations and MRLs: These will continue be valid in Great Britain from January 1, 2021. Previous guidance explains that existing PPP authorisations will remain valid until their current expiry date and existing MRLs will remain valid until they are amended. Authorised PPPs can be placed on the market and used in the same way as before.
- Northern Ireland: Under the terms of the Northern Ireland Protocol, the EU pesticides legislation will continue to apply after January 1, 2021.
Sidley Austin LLPはクライアントおよびその他関係者へのサービスの一環として本情報を教育上の目的に限定して提供します。本情報をリーガルアドバイスとして解釈または依拠したり、弁護士・顧客間の関係を結ぶために使用することはできません。
弁護士広告 - ニューヨーク州弁護士会規則の遵守のための当法律事務所の本店所在地は、Sidley Austin LLP ニューヨーク：787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019 (+212 839 5300)、シカゴ：One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603、(+312 853 7000)、ワシントン：1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005 (+202 736 8000)です。