DAVID HOWE is a capital markets and finance lawyer in the London office, where he co-heads the Capital Markets group and heads the English law capital markets team.
David has extensive experience of acting for issuers, underwriters and trustees on a wide range of European and Asia-Pac focused capital markets transactions, including regulatory and hybrid capital instruments, equity-linked products, high-yield debt offerings, debt restructurings, tender and exchange offers, and other liability management transactions.
David has received acknowledgement from numerous industry ranking guides:
- The Legal 500 UK 2023 – Ranked as a Leading Individual for Debt Capital Markets, with sources saying “David is an outstanding lawyer. He makes the most complex issues understandable to clients, has a keen eye for assessing legal risk and combines a rare mix of deep technical experience, market knowledge and ability to come up with highly innovative and groundbreaking solutions.”
- Chambers Europe and Chambers UK 2023 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt.
- Chambers Global 2022 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt (UK), where clients comment "he cuts through to the key points and simplifies complex legal issues."
- Chambers Europe and Chambers UK 2022 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt, where sources say “David's knowledge of capital markets is impressive, as is his ability to identify and implement solutions quickly and effectively.”
- Chambers Global 2021 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt, with clients noted that he is an ”excellent technical lawyer who understands the commercial imperatives of transactions.”
- The Legal 500 UK 2022 – Ranked as a Leading Individual.
- Best Lawyers 2022 – Ranked as a Leading Lawyer for Capital Markets.
- IFLR1000 2017 - Ranked as a Leading Lawyer for Capital Markets.