Sidley is pleased to share the February issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a bimonthly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include:
- Buying Out Activists: A New Twist on an Old Practice
- Observations on Delaware Appraisal in a Post-Dell World
- Discretionary Awards Made to Directors Under Equity Incentive Plan Subject to Entire
- Delaware Court of Chancery Specifically Enforces Oral Proxy Contest Settlement Agreement
- Delaware Expands MFW Framework to Recapitalization with a Controlling Stockholder
- Cornerstone Research: Federal Class Actions on M&A Deals More Than Doubled in 2017
- An End-of-Year Flurry of Antitrust Merger Enforcement
- Tax Reform May Impact the Structuring of M&A Transactions
- Changes to NYSE Material News Policy and Dividend Notification Policy Take Effect
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- BlackRock Urges Companies to Pursue Long-Term Value Through Social Purposes
- Proxy Access is Going Mainstream
Sidley Austin LLP provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.