Join Sidley and OneTrust DataGuidance for a webinar on the recently published, near-final text of the EU AI Act on February 5, 2024. This discussion with industry panelists will cover initial reactions to the text of the EU AI Act following finalization by EU legislators and examine the key points in the AI Act that businesses need to understand.
The EU AI Act will be the first standalone piece of legislation worldwide regulating the use of AI, and will form a key consideration in AI governance programs. The AI Act will have a significant impact on many organizations, with failure to comply potentially leading to fines of up to 7% of annual worldwide turnover.
- Jean-Marc Leclerc, Director, Head of EU Policy, IBM
- Monika Tomczak-Gorlikowska, CPO, Prosus
- Pagona Tsormpatzoudi, Senior Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Privacy, AI and Data Protection, Mastercard
- Johan Wisenborn, Head Policies and Governance Data Privacy, Digital and AI Compliance (DPDAI), Novartis
- Kai Zenner, Head of Office and Digital Policy Adviser for MEP, Axel Voss, European Parliament
- William RM Long, Partner and Global Co-Leader, Privacy and Cybersecurity, Sidley (London)
- Lauren Cuyvers, Senior Managing Associate, Privacy and Cybersecurity, Sidley (Brussels)
Key topics will include:
- An overview of the key points that businesses need to understand from the text of the EU AI Act
- How the EU AI Act regulates general-purpose (including high-impact) AI models (including generative AI)
- How the approach taken in the EU AI Act relates to other global AI frameworks and regulatory approaches, such as the U.S. Executive Order on AI and other EU new digital data laws
- What are the practical next steps for businesses to take to be ready for the AI Act and by when
Sidley Austin LLP and OneTrust DataGuidance will process delegate contact details for the purposes of organizing and administering this event, and for contacting you about future events. Please note that delegate contact details may be passed between Sidley Austin LLP and OneTrust DataGuidance for the above purposes.
For questions or more information, please click here to contact us.