- Delaware and other judicial opinions and legislative developments,
- SEC, NYSE and NASDAQ developments pertinent to M&A and corporate governance,
- market developments related to shareholder activism, and
- M&A tax and antitrust developments.
The newsletter will include an analysis section with opinion pieces authored by the most experienced members of our preeminent global M&A and Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation practice areas.
The newsletter is prepared by seasoned attorneys in the following practice areas: M&A, Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation, Securities and Shareholder Litigation, Antitrust/Competition and Tax.
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance will be available on our website.
In this issue:
- The Evolving Response to Shareholder Activism
- SEC and PCAOB Renewed Focus on Audit Committees and Audit Committee Member Conduct
- Proxy Access Gaining Momentum
- Peppercorn of Consideration No Longer Sufficient to Support an M&A Settlement
- Enhanced Protection for Independent Directors
- Third Circuit Clarifies Application of Rule 14a-8’s “Ordinary Business” Exclusion
- Disclosure of Actual (Not Approximate) Annual Meeting Date Required to Trigger Notice Period Under Certain Advance Notice Bylaws
- Consider Asking Shareholders to Approve Meaningful Limits on Director Equity Compensation
- DGCL Amendments Endorsing Forum Selection and Prohibiting Fee-Shifting Take Effect
- DGCL Amendment Permits Non-Directors to Make Restricted Stock Grants
- SEC Proposes Compensation Clawback Rules
- Update on SEC Staff Review of Rule 14a-8(i)(9)
- SEC to Consider Adoption of Final Pay Ratio Rules on August 5
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
Sidley Austin provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.