Sidley is pleased to share the September 2023 issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a quarterly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters.
- AI and the Role of the Board of Directors
- The Board as Activist
- Five Essential D&O Insurance Questions
- Magellan Health: A New North Star for Mootness Fee Disputes May Reduce Payments to Plaintiff’s Counsel
- The Culture Wars Come For DGCL Section 220
- Entire Fairness Does Not Require Perfection
- Caesar’s Wife: How a Single-Member Special Litigation Committee Can Avoid Reproach
- 2023 DGCL Amendments Eliminate the Need for Stockholder Approval of Certain Stock Splits and Streamline the Process for Ratifying Defective Corporate Acts
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- SEC Adopts Final Cybersecurity Disclosure Rules for Public Companies
- Roundup of Recent SEC Enforcement Actions
- SEC Division of Corporation Finance Publishes Sample Comments on Deficient XBRL Disclosures
- FTC Proposes Dramatic Changes to Premerger Notification Process
- Interlocking Directorate Enforcement Continues, and FTC Expands Clayton Act’s Reach to Noncorporate Entities
- DOJ and FTC Take Merger Review in New Direction With Rewrite of Merger Guidelines
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives or suggestions for topics to be covered in future issues, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sidley Austin LLP provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship. Readers should not act upon this information without seeking advice from professional advisers.
Attorney Advertising—Sidley Austin LLP, One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603. +1 312 853 7000. Sidley and Sidley Austin refer to Sidley Austin LLP and affiliated partnerships, as explained at www.sidley.com/disclaimer.
© Sidley Austin LLP