Sidley has been awarded 11 practice area rankings and received 31 lawyer rankings in the 2024 edition of Chambers UK.
Notably, John Casanova was promoted to Band 1 in UK-wide Financial Services: Payments Law and Maria Isabel Manley maintained her longstanding Band 1 ranking in UK-wide Life Sciences. James Crooks, Robert Darwin, and Fatema Orjela were newly ranked in London Banking & Finance: Mid-Market, UK-wide Life Sciences: Transactional, and UK-wide Private Equity: Buyouts: £500 million and above, respectively.
The firm was newly ranked in UK-wide Financial Services: Non-contentious Regulatory and UK-wide Life Sciences: Regulatory and continues to be recommended for:
- London – Competition Law
- London – Restructuring/Insolvency
- UK-wide – Banking Litigation
- UK-wide – Capital Markets: Debt
- UK-wide – Data Protection & Information Law
- UK-wide – Financial Services: Payments Law
- UK-wide – Insurance: Non-contentious
- UK-wide – Investment Funds: Hedge Funds
- UK-wide – Investment Funds: Investor Representation
The annual Chambers UK guide provides analyses of legal practitioners in the United Kingdom based on in-depth interviews with clients and in-house counsel.