KYLE FIET focuses his practice on government contract counseling, campaign finance law, and lobbying compliance. His government contracts practice encompasses a wide range of matters, including bid protests, Contract Disputes Act claims, Defense Contract Audit Agency audits, Multiple Award Schedule contracting, qui tam litigation, trade secret protection, and the acquisition and divestiture of government contracting businesses. He advises clients regarding federal procurement laws, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Small Business Administration regulations, the Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act, prevailing wage laws, and post-employment limitations applicable to former government employees. Kyle also regularly advises clients on state and local contracting issues.
Representative matters have included:
- Represented multiple clients in bid protests before the Government Accountability Office;
- Represented contractors in appeals of Defense Contract Audit Agency audits of contracts funded through the Foreign Military Financing program;
- Assisted General Services Administration contractor in internal investigation and disclosure regarding the pricing of the client’s Federal Supply Schedule contract;
- Represented contractor in breach of contract claim before a state board of contract appeals;
- Represented multiple clients in disputes under the Freedom of Information Act and similar state laws in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin;
- Advised clients regarding compliance with the Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act;
- Advised clients regarding the Small Business Administration regulatory issues, including the requirements for the acquisition of a small business;
- Represented client in qui tam litigation in federal district court;
- Advised clients regarding compliance with the Service Contract Act;
- Represented contractor in challenging proposed debarment for alleged Procurement Integrity Act violation;
- Advised multiple state and federal contractors regarding the negotiation of contracts;
- Represented contractor in appealing contracting officer’s adverse findings regarding the contractor’s responsibility;
- Advised clients regarding the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR);
- Assisted in representing client in federal district court litigation regarding enforceability of indemnification clause in commercial contract; and
- Assisted in representing foreign government in civil antitrust litigation.
Kyle regularly advises clients regarding federal and state campaign finance law, including, compliance matters, reporting, independent expenditures, advertising, and the formation and administration of political action committees. Kyle also advises clients regarding compliance with SEC and local pay-to-play laws, and compliance with federal, state, and local ethics rules, including gift rules. Kyle also regularly advises clients regarding registration and reporting under the federal Lobbying Disclosure Act and similar state lobbying laws and the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
Kyle worked as an engineer for a chemical company prior to law school.