THOMAS GUZMAN is a managing associate in the firm’s Chicago office and a member of the Corporate group. His practice focuses on complex business transactions, including M&A and private equity investments, as well as general corporate governance and securities compliance matters.
Clients served in representative transactions include:
- Thoma Bravo in its acquisition of Applitools Ltd.
- Madison Dearborn Partners and CoVant Management in their acquisition of AEVEX Aerospace
- Thoma Bravo in its acquisition of IDS Group, Inc.
- AE Industrial Partners in its acquisition of Gryphon Technologies LC
- The Chicago Stock Exchange in connection with its sale to Intercontinental Exchange, Inc., the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Welltower Inc. (NYSE: “WELL”) in connection with multiple acquisitions
- Hood Companies, Inc. in its acquisition of Custom Packaging, LP
- ATTN, Inc. in their US$15 million Series C financing
- Shoreview Industries in its sale of World Wide Packaging, LLC to Bain Capital Private Equity
Thomas is an Army Reserves veteran and served one tour of duty in Iraq. Thomas is also a member of the board of directors of the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois and a member of the Board of Trustees of the Hispanic Lawyers Scholarship Fund of Illinois. Thomas graduated cum laude from Northwestern Pritzker School of Law. He also completed a Graduate Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Fellowship at LAF (formerly the Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago). Thomas graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago with a B.A. in political science.
Thomas has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in the specialty of Business and Corporate Law in the 2023 and 2024 editions of Illinois Super Lawyers magazine.