GILES KELLY focuses his practice on securitization and structured finance. He has over 17 years of experience working with a variety of assets and asset types, ranging from commercial and residential mortgage loans to wireless communications sites and timberland acreage.
Giles’ recent engagements have included representation of the following:
- issuers and underwriters in various SASB and conduit commercial mortgage securitizations;
- the B-piece buyer in a series of conduit commercial mortgage securitizations;
- securitization sponsors and third-party purchasers in negotiating risk retention agreements and third-party purchaser agreements;
- investment funds in the acquisition and financing of mortgage servicing rights and excess mortgage servicing rights;
- investment funds in connection with the acquisition and financing of a U.S. residential mortgage servicer;
- purchasers and sellers of commercial mortgage loans and participation interests;
- the purchaser in a sale of a portfolio of manufactured housing contracts;
- an investment fund in connection with the development of new lending platforms for small-balance commercial mortgage loans, single-family rental mortgage loans, and “fix-and-flip” loans;
- an investment fund in connection with the wind-up of a joint venture in mortgage servicing rights;
- the issuer in connection with a securitization of single-family rental properties; and
- loan sellers in various fixed-rate conduit commercial mortgage securitizations.
Prior to joining Sidley, Giles worked in the legal division of the U.S. Department of the Treasury on various regulatory and litigation matters.
Admissions & Certifications
- District of Columbia
- New York
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Dartmouth College, A.B., 1993 (cum laude)