GILES KELLY focuses his practice on securitization and structured finance. He has nearly 20 years of experience working with a variety of assets and asset types, ranging from commercial and residential mortgage loans to wireless communications sites and timberland acreage.
Giles’ recent engagements have included representation of the following:
- issuers, underwriters and loan sellers in various SASB and conduit commercial mortgage securitizations;
- issuers and loan sellers in multifamily loan securitizations;
- issuers in residential mortgage and manufactured housing contract securitizations;
- investment funds in the acquisition and financing of mortgage servicing rights and excess mortgage servicing rights;
- investment funds in the formation of joint ventures to acquire mortgage servicing rights;
- warehouse lenders in negotiating repurchase agreements for the financing of residential mortgage loans and reverse mortgage loans;
- the B-piece buyer in a series of conduit commercial mortgage securitizations;
- securitization sponsors and third-party purchasers in negotiating risk retention agreements and third-party purchaser agreements;
- purchasers and sellers of commercial mortgage loans, manufactured housing contracts and other assets; and
- an investment fund in connection with the development of new lending platforms for small-balance commercial mortgage loans, single-family rental mortgage loans, and “fix-and-flip” loans.
Prior to joining Sidley, Giles worked in the legal division of the U.S. Department of the Treasury on various regulatory and litigation matters.