JOHN P. KELSH is a partner in the Corporate and Capital Markets group in the firm’s Chicago office. He is co-leader of the firm’s global Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation practice area. He regularly advises numerous publicly traded corporations on a wide range of matters, with a particular focus on federal securities laws, corporate governance and executive compensation.
Mr. Kelsh regularly speaks on executive compensation and securities matters and has taught Securities Regulation at both Northwestern University and the University of Chicago. Mr. Kelsh joined the firm in 1998 and became a partner in 2004. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist of the Supreme Court of the United States and Judge David B. Sentelle of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Admissions & Certifications
- Northwestern School of Law, J.D., 1996 (magna cum laude, John Paul Stevens Prize for Academic Excellence, Coordinating Articles Editor, Northwestern University Law Review)
- University of Hawaii - Manoa, M.A., 1993
- Williams College, B.A., 1989
- William H. Rehnquist, United States Supreme Court (1997 - 1998)
- David B. Sentelle, U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit (1996 - 1997)