Sidley has extensive experience in preparing SEC filings for both U.S. and foreign companies and providing advice on disclosure requirements under U.S. law. Our experience extends to virtually all types of SEC filings, including:
- Registration statements for securities offerings by U.S. and foreign issuers;
- Annual and other periodic reports by U.S. and foreign issuers;
- Proxy statements for U.S. issuers;
- Tender and exchange offers; and
- Registration statements for equity incentive plans.
We also advise companies on related disclosure matters, including compliance with Regulation FD, disclosure of executive compensation, the use of non-GAAP measures under Regulation G and compliance with specific industry guides relevant to financial institutions and companies in certain other industries. We have experience in preparing requests for confidential treatment intended to prevent public disclosure of proprietary information included in SEC filings. Our practice involves frequent contact with the SEC, and our lawyers include a number of former members of the SEC staff.