BRIAN KRISBERG’s practice focuses on real estate capital markets, the financing of commercial real property and the warehouse financing of mortgage loans secured by commercial or residential real property. Brian’s clients include banks, private investment funds, public entities (including real estate investment trusts) and investment vehicles active in the origination or acquisition of mortgage loans.
Recent representative transactions include the origination of:
- Fixed and floating rate commercial mortgage loans (both intended for securitization (CMBS) and on balance sheet)
- Floating rate mezzanine loans
- Master repurchase facilities for buyers and sellers secured by performing commercial mortgage loans
- Master repurchase facilities for sellers secured by portfolios of business purpose single family rental (SFR) mortgage loans
- Master repurchase facilities for sellers and other structured lending facilities for borrowers, in each case, secured by non-performing or sub-performing residential mortgage loans and REO property
- Master loan and security agreements for lenders secured by non-performing or sub-performing commercial mortgage loans
- Master loan and security agreements for lenders and borrowers secured by performing commercial mortgage loans
- Secured and unsecured revolving credit facilities to REITs
Brian also frequently provides real estate department support to Sidley’s significant commercial mortgage-backed securities practice.
Brian has been recognized as a “Best Lawyer” in Real Estate Law by The Best Lawyers in America (2013–2020).
Brian is a member of the firm’s Committee on the Assignment and Compensation of Associates and Risk Management Committee.
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Columbia University, B.A., 1981 (Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude)