GLENN L. PINKERTON has extensive experience in projects and infrastructure development and finance, real estate, asset based mergers and acquisitions and international transactions. In particular, he has experience in all facets of the energy business, including upstream, pipelines, LNG, refining and chemicals, power generation and transmission and retail. Mr. Pinkerton has experience with many types of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures development, construction, long-term contracting, financing, investments and privatizations. Mr. Pinkerton in particular has extensive experience in the development aspects of energy projects. Mr. Pinkerton also has an active real estate practice, including financing transaction and corporate headquarters and other large scale office leasing transactions. The global reach of the energy industry has resulted in Mr. Pinkerton having worked on projects and transactions on all continents and in over 25 countries, with extensive experience in Latin America.
- Representing a large international petrochemical company in the development of multi-billion dollar petrochemical complex in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States utilizing natural gas liquids produced from the Appalachian supply basin.
- Representing a special situation hedge fund in the financing of the development of oil and gas fields in Texas and Oklahoma.
- Representing an Australian steel company in the development of direct reduced iron facility in Ohio and related iron ore pellet supply arrangements.
- Represented a transmission line developer in its acquisition of a 200-mile, 345 kilovolt transmission project under development.
- Represented the sponsor in the ECA financing of a 50 MW wind energy generation project in Honduras.
- Representing the sponsors of a fund created to purchase mineral interests in Oklahoma and Kansas.
- Representing the lenders in the development financing of a gathering system, crude oil pipeline arrangement and load out facility for Bakken crude.
- Representing the lenders in a multi-property financing as to cell towers and related properties.
- Representing a midstream company in the development of gathering systems in Colorado and North Dakota.
- Representing a large Midwestern utility and mid-stream company in a joint venture to create a 400 plus mile crude oil pipeline serving a refinery in Ohio.
- Representing an international commodities company in the formation of joint ventures for, and the development of a gathering system and transportation pipeline for, an oil and gas development in Wyoming.
- Representing an energy company in the completion of a green energy sugar cane based ethanol facility in northern Peru, and as to the projects aspects of a related arbitration matter with the projects contractor.
- Representing the sponsor in the ECA financing of two approximately 25 MW photovoltaic solar energy generation projects in Honduras.
- Who’s Who Legal: Project Finance, 2016
- The Legal 500 US recommended in project finance, 2011–2015
- The Legal 500 Latin America recommended in banking and finance, 2013–2014; projects and energy, 2013–2014; corporate and M&A, 2014
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business in projects law, 2010–2019
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers in projects law, 2003–2019
- The Best Lawyers in America® in international trade and finance law, 2003–2013 and 2016; energy law, 2006–2019
- The Best Lawyers in America® Houston “Lawyer of the Year” in international trade and finance law, 2017 and 2019
Publications and Presentations
- Co-author, “Sabine Saga: 2nd Circuit Upholds Rejection, Cites Approach that Could Broadly Undercut Texas Gathering Agreements,” The Texas Lawbook (June 28, 2018)
- Moderator, “Mexico—Is There a Wall Where Once Was Opportunity for US Investors?,” Platts Pipeline Development and Expansion Conference (November 2017)
- Co-author, “Navigating the First Deepwater Joint Venture with Pemex in Mexico,” Texas Lawyer (October 2016)
- Speaker for numerous conferences on topics ranging from structuring of international transactions, project finance, international arbitration, construction and real estate
- Speaker, “Midstream Agreements in Bankruptcy – Storm Clouds Gathering,” Sidley Webinar (February 25, 2016)
Admissions & Certifications
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 1986 (Editor, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law, Stone Scholar)
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., 1981 (with highest honors, Beta Alpha Psi, Phi Kappa Phi)