KENNY TERRERO is a corporate counsel with broad experience in corporate and compliance matters relating to corporate issuers, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and closed-end funds (CEFs). Kenny has significant experience representing issuers and underwriters in connection with fund structuring, initial public offerings, exchange listings, ongoing operations and regulatory compliance. He is also experienced in a wide variety of SEC-registered and exempted capital markets transactions, and other securities law matters, with an emphasis on transactions by real estate investment trusts (REITs), energy companies and CEFs. Kenny also has experience with the structuring, formation and operation of domestic and offshore private investment funds, including private equity and hedge funds. In addition, Kenny maintains an active pro bono practice and advises clients on the formation and operation of non-profit organizations. He received the 2020 “Cornerstone Award” from Lawyers Alliance for New York in recognition of his exceptional pro bono legal services for nonprofits.
Recent client representations and transactions include:
- Representing underwriters in public and private offerings by utilities companies, including Duke Energy Corporation and Cleco Corporation and their respective regulated subsidiaries;
- Representing issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings and debt and equity offerings for REITs, including American Residential Properties Inc., Government Properties Income Trust, PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust and CommonWealth REIT;
- Representing issuers and underwriters in offerings by CEFs, including Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company and Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund;
- Assisting sponsors in organizing, structuring, exchange listing, initial public offering and ongoing operations and regulatory compliance of futures-based ETFs, including ProShares Trust II Bitcoin ETFs;
- Drafting and negotiating authorized participant agreements on behalf of a number of futures-based ETFs; and
- Assisting in the formation and offering of privately-placed funds investing in several asset classes, including crypto currencies.
Kenny is a frequent speaker and writer on various blockchain related topics, with a particular focus on smart contracts.