FELICITY WONG has gained extensive experience servicing financial services industry participants primarily hedge, private equity and credit fund managers, listed companies, multinational financial institutions or global conglomerates headquartered in the PRC or elsewhere, family offices, trustees, venture capitalists, institutional investors and startups.
Specifically, Felicity is actively involved in providing strategic advice to clients with respect to their legal and regulatory needs related to market intermediaries engaged in financial services, insurance, trust and corporate services, money lending and operations businesses. Felicity has significant experience advising clients across issues relating to the:
- establishment/acquisition of financial services business operations in Hong Kong covering fund managers investing in both traditional assets and virtual assets, brokers, distributors/placement agents and corporate financiers;
- compliance with ongoing regulatory requirements under the Securities and Futures Ordinance, its subsidiary legislations and the codes and guidelines issued by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC);
- establishment/restructure of traditional private wealth management platforms in light of technology impact across financial services firms’ business operations and compliance in light of the SFC’s “front loaded” regulatory approach;
- preparation of compliance manuals, structuring internal controls systems, policies and procedures covering without limitations professional investors assessments, suitability requirements and marketing protocols, as well as, handling SFC regulatory reviews and inspections;
- implementation of securities/product distribution/marketing plans in or from outside Hong Kong targeted at Hong Kong investors;
- establishment/restructure of family offices, managed account arrangements, and collective investment schemes, including hedge funds, real estate investment trusts, private equity arrangements, distressed debt/credit funds, hybrid funds and retail funds; and
- representation of investors (institutional and ultra high net worth private individuals) in negotiating investments (in the form of joint venture arrangements or otherwise) into funds and/or managed account mandates.
Felicity has dealt with clients located in Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, the United States and the People’s Republic of China and has gained experience dealing with financial and/or securities regulators around the world.
Felicity has been recognized as a leading lawyer in Investment Funds in Chambers Asia-Pacific for four consecutive years. She was also acknowledged by Chambers Global 2017 as “an expert in regulatory matters relating to funds.”
She is qualified to practice Hong Kong law and is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese.