ANGIE XENAKIS focuses primarily on government enforcement actions, internal investigations, and compliance counseling.
Angie has represented a wide variety of clients from across major industries, including pharmaceutical, medical devices, manufacturing, financial, defense, energy, consumer products and distribution. She has substantial experience advising multinational companies on all types of investigations and compliance matters under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). She also has handled matters involving, among other things, healthcare fraud, securities fraud, false claims, accounting fraud, sanctions violations, anti-money laundering and insider trading. Angie has conducted numerous internal investigations throughout the U.S., as well as Europe, Africa, South America and the Middle East. Additionally, Angie spent three years in our Singapore office focusing on client needs in Asia.
Her practice also involves representing corporations and individuals in both civil and criminal investigations and enforcement actions by the U.S. Government, including the Department of Justice (DOJ), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and numerous state attorney generals.
Angie also assists clients in assessing, developing, auditing and enhancing corporate compliance and ethics programs. She helps companies to respond to internal allegations of wrongdoing, conducts training for Boards of Directors, management, compliance departments and other company personnel, and conducts compliance due diligence regarding corporate acquisitions and joint ventures.
Prior to attending law school, Angie worked for almost a decade in corporate America.
Angie’s representative matters include:
- Represented a major pharmaceutical corporation in internal and government investigations arising from allegations of FCPA violations in multiple countries
- Represented a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in state attorneys’ general multi-state investigations regarding fraudulent marketing practices involving prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs and dietary supplements
- Represented a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in a state attorneys’ general multi-state investigation regarding fraudulent marketing practices, including off-label promotion, involving a prescription drug
- Represented a major national food distribution corporation in state attorney generals’ investigations involving alleged false claims in connection with contracts with state entities
- Represented hedge fund and private equity client in SEC insider trading investigations
- Represented a major international oil company in internal and government investigations involving allegations of international bribery and violations of the FCPA in multiple countries. Matter closed without action by the SEC or the DOJ
- Represented major manufacturing corporation in internal and government investigations arising from allegations of corruption in multiple countries
- Represented manufacturing company in connection with civil and criminal fraud investigations
- Represented defense contractor in SEC investigation of accounting and disclosure issues
- Represented several companies in connection with ongoing FCPA investigations before the DOJ and the SEC
- Represented a number of companies in conducting internal compliance assessments
- Represented a major manufacturer in anti-corruption M&A due diligence
- Represented a Chinese reverse-merger company in an SEC accounting fraud investigation that closed without action by the SEC
- Represented a major manufacturing company in an economic sanctions investigation
- Alabama, et al. v. North Carolina, No. 132 — Represented Alabama, Florida, Tennessee and Virginia in a rare original action in the U.S. Supreme Court against North Carolina for its failure to site a low-level radioactive waste facility pursuant to an interstate compact
- Represented Salesforce in its $1.33 billion acquisition of Vlocity, Inc. (signed February 25, 2020)