MAX SAVOIE advises banks, payment service providers, payment systems, investment firms, fund managers, and other financial institutions and fintech firms on UK and EU financial services regulation, including in respect of:
- Banking and payment services (e.g. money transfer, issuing, acquiring, e-money, payment processing, open banking);
- Fintech (e.g. crypto currencies and assets, APIs, alternative payment methods, third party providers);
- Anti-money laundering and KYC rules;
- Regulatory authorization, governance, systems and controls, outsourcing, conduct of business, and reporting requirements; and
- Transactions involving financial institutions.
Max has advised on a number of cross-border transactions and strategic regulatory projects for leading international financial institutions. These have included M&A and restructuring transactions, as well as new products and partnerships, in the payments and fintech sectors.
Max also advises on contentious and regulatory engagement matters for financial sector clients, and has worked with several international firms and trade associations in discussions with EU and UK policy makers and regulators.