GREGORY A. MARRS is an associate in Sidley’s Chicago office and a member of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation group. Greg counsels and advises clients on a broad variety of employee benefits and executive compensation issues, including advising on such issues in connection with corporate transactions. Greg’s practice includes counseling clients with respect to qualified and nonqualified plans, including advising on plan mergers and day-to-day compliance issues, drafting plan documents, participant communications and government filings, and preparing filings under corrective programs.
Prior to joining the firm, Greg served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jennifer Walker Elrod of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and to the Honorable Michael P. McCuskey of the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Greg graduated summa cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and received Rickert Awards for Excellence in Oral Advocacy, Legal Writing and Academic Excellence.
Prior to law school, Greg worked as an associate at a large public accounting firm. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Illinois.
Greg teaches Business Law at the University of Illinois College of Business.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. District Court, C.D. of Illinois
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2011 (summa cum laude)
- University of Illinois, M.S., 2006
- University of Illinois, B.S., 2005 (with high honors)
- Jennifer Walker Elrod, U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit (2012 - 2013)
- Michael P. McCuskey, U.S. District Court, C.D. of Illinois (2011 - 2012)