KERRY NILSEN advises financial services clients on a wide variety of regulatory and transactional matters. She works regularly with banks and finance companies on issues related to credit card programs, multi-state financial services initiatives, and other credit and deposit businesses. Kerry has also conducted multi-state research and analysis on issues related to money transmitting, prepaid cards and finance lending.
Kerry assists in advising clients on regulatory matters, including the regulation of foreign banks within the United States by federal and state regulators, issues of control under the Bank Holding Company Act, matters related to industrial banks and consumer financial privacy laws and regulations.
Kerry’s recent experience includes:
- Negotiation of credit card program agreements;
- Addressing financial privacy issues;
- Addressing public policy issues, including federal and state legislative and regulatory initiatives; and
- Counseling clients on structural issues such as powers limitations and control questions.
Prior to joining Sidley, Kerry worked at a law firm in New York on general corporate matters.
Admissions & Certifications
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2016 (summa cum laude, American University Law Review)
- The George Washington University, M.P.A., 2007
- American University, B.A., 2004 (cum laude)