CHAIM THEIL is a partner in the New York office and a member of the firm’s global M&A and Private Equity group. His practice encompasses advising sponsors and strategic clients on their domestic and cross-border M&A, carve-outs, joint ventures, equity financings, and general corporate transactions and governance. Chaim is also highly sought after by sponsors, private companies, and public companies in distressed investments, restructurings, bankruptcy sales, and other workouts. He has significant experience with transactions in a broad cross section of industries including healthcare, energy, media, industrials, retail, and technology.
M&A and Private Equity Transactions:
- Invenergy in a definitive agreement with Blackstone Infrastructure Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for an approximately US$3 billion equity investment in Invenergy Renewables Holdings LLC, the largest private renewable energy company in North America, by funds managed by Blackstone Infrastructure Partners.
- Invenergy in a US$1 billion follow-on equity investment from funds managed by Blackstone Infrastructure Partners.
- Invenergy Renewables in a consortium with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and funds managed by Blackstone Infrastructure Partners to acquire a 1,365-megawatt unregulated, contracted renewables portfolio from American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) for US$1.5 billion.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners and certain of its affiliated funds in its joint venture with Newtek Commercial Lending, Inc.
- Wafra Inc. in its joint venture with Trinity Industries, Inc.
- Northleaf Capital Partners in multiple preferred equity transactions including its investments in a waste transportation and management business, an orthopedic services provider, a leading national car wash operator, and a customer management software provider.
- The special committee of the board of directors of Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (NASDAQ: CMTL) in the convertible preferred equity investment by White Hat Capital Partners LP and funds affiliated with Magnetar.
- Icahn Enterprises and certain of its subsidiaries in its Section 363 purchase of certain of the assets of Auto Plus in Chapter 11.
- New York Digital Investment Group in its restructuring of secured debt in Greenidge Generations Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: GREE).
- Tricida, Inc. (NASDAQ: TCDA) in its Section 363 sale process in Chapter 11.
SERVICES AND INDUSTRIES
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- New Jersey
- Columbia Business School, MBA, 2013
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Yeshiva University, B.S., 2003 (summa cum laude)