MONIKA ZDZIEBORSKA focuses on various aspects of EU and UK competition law, including dominance, cartels, co-operation and distribution agreements, and merger control.
Monika’s competition law experience covers a range of sectors, including online media, e-commerce, technology, payments, pharmaceuticals and transport, and has involved counseling clients in cases before the European Commission, the Court of Justice of the European Union and the UK’s Competition Market Authority and Financial Conduct Authority.
Recent examples of Monika’s work include advising:
- An interested third-party in the European Commission’s competition law investigation into Google Shopping.
- A multinational e-commerce company in its intervention before the General Court in the Google Shopping appeal.
- A global technology company in relation to a European Commission’s investigation of the company’s alleged abuse of dominance.
- A global online social media platform on various competition law issues, including data-related aspects of EU competition policy.
- A multinational e-commerce company on matters relating to the European Commission’s e-commerce sector inquiry and the application of EU competition law to online marketplace bans.
- An EU airline in relation to an abuse of dominance complaint pending with European Commission against a State-owned entity regarding airport funding, slot pricing and availability of various handling services.
Monika is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales, Competition Section and the American Bar Association Section of Antitrust.
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Ireland (Solicitor)
- King's College London, LL.B., 2013