ALISON BOREN has extensive experience in a large variety of sophisticated debt financing and restructuring transactions, including project and infrastructure financing, margin loans, investment-grade, middle market and mezzanine financing, private placements and senior and subordinated debt offerings, reserve-based and asset-based financing, acquisition and bridge facilities, debtor-in-possession and exit financing, letter of credit facilities, and interest rate and currency derivatives. Alison has significant experience with many types of transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, spinoffs, joint ventures, construction projects, real estate development projects, and sale-leaseback transactions and she works with clients in a host of industries, including oil and gas exploration and production, drilling services, midstream, oilfield equipment manufacturing and supply, natural gas, power transmission and distribution, maritime transportation, retail gas operations, technology, media and communications, REITS, chemicals, mining and minerals, manufacturing, real estate construction, and hospitality.
Alison’s representations include the following:
- Representation of electric transmission and distribution company in connection with acquisitions, divestures, asset swaps and various project development financings for expansion projects
- Representation of drilling companies in connection with senior subordinated debt offerings
- Representation of private equity sponsor in connection with the acquisition and financing of 47 gas processing plants and related pipelines assets
- Representation of various midstream companies in connection with acquisitions and development financings of gathering systems and pipelines
- Representation of private equity sponsor in connection with financing midstream projects
- Representation of private equity sponsor in connection with financing power plant projects
- Representation of media conglomerate in connection with numerous margin loan financings and related equity derivatives transactions
- Representation of security monitoring company in connection with several senior notes issuances and bank credit facilities
- Representation of media conglomerate in connection with a US$2 billion letter of credit facility
- Representation of a retail gas and convenience store operator in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, bank credit facilities, senior notes offerings, and franchise agreements
- Representation of exploration and production companies in connection with secured bank credit facilities and senior subordinated note offerings
- Representation of lender in connection with reserve-based financings
- Representation of manufacturer of construction materials in connection with senior notes offerings, bank credit facilities, joint venture transaction, letter of credit facilities and municipal bond financing
- Representation of a master limited partnership in connection with a recapitalization transaction, including an IPO and various secured revolving credit facilities
- Representation of lead agent in connection with numerous bank credit facilities for cable companies, television and radio broadcast companies, wireless companies, cell tower companies, satellite companies and publishing companies
- Representation of lead agent in connection with numerous bank credit facilities for a variety of technology-related companies, including credit card processing companies, outsourcing companies, electronics companies and security companies
- Representation of lead agent in connection with DIP financing and exit financings for chemical, mining and paper manufacturing companies
- Representation of large hotel chain in connection with first-and-second lien debt financing for over 50 sites across the U.S.
- Representation of manufacturer in connection with sale-leaseback transaction for over 40 sites across the U.S.
Alison has been recognized in Chambers USA (2006–2021) as a leader in her field for Banking and Finance; she is included in The Best Lawyers in America (2013–2020) and Texas Super Lawyers (2009–2016). She is also frequently recognized by D Magazine as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” (2011–2018), “Best Women Lawyers” (2010), and “Best Lawyers in Texas” (2015–2017).