CHRISTOPHER R. HALE is a partner in Sidley’s Chicago office. His principal areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and corporate governance matters.
Chris regularly represents buyers and sellers in public and private M&A transactions in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Aon in its merger with Hewitt Associates and various other transactions.
- BorgWarner in its acquisition of Remy International, its sale of Remy’s light-vehicle aftermarket business, and its acquisition of Sevcon.
- Cabela’s in its sale to Bass Pro Group and related transactions with Capital One Financial and Synovus Bank.
- Catamaran in its sale to UnitedHealth Group.
- Cephalon in its acquisition of Ception Therapeutics (following Cephalon’s purchase and exercise of an option to acquire Ception).
- Emmi Solutions, LLC in a growth investment by Primus Capital Funds.
- Generac Holdings in its acquisition of its Magnum Products business.
- Hood Companies, Inc. in various acquisitions .
- Landauer in its sale to Fortive.
- RoundTable Healthcare Partners in its acquisition of Santa Cruz Nutritionals.
- Sara Lee in the sale of its North American fresh bakery business to Grupo Bimbo.
- Tellabs in its sale to affiliates of Marlin Equity Partners.
Chris has also represented public company clients in a variety of public and private debt and equity offerings. Chris has also represented investors in various venture capital transactions.
In addition to his transactional work, Chris regularly advises public company clients and their boards of directors on a broad range of corporate and securities law matters, including SEC reporting and disclosure issues, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, corporate governance best practices, fiduciary duty issues and stock exchange requirements.
Chris also represents major financial advisors in connection with business combination transactions.
Chris received his J.D., cum laude from Northwestern University School of Law in 2008 and his B.B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame in 2005.
While in law school, Chris served as an extern for the Honorable Mark Filip, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.