MEGAN H. ROBERTS is a partner in the Global Finance practice group in the firm’s Chicago office. Megan’s practice primarily involves representing arrangers, investors and issuers in connection with asset securitization, structured finance and similar commercial finance transactions, including asset-backed commercial paper conduit transactions and offerings of asset-backed and mortgage-backed securities. She has assisted in the financing of traditional asset classes, including personal loans, trade receivables, student loans, auto loans, credit card receivables, floor-plan loans, equipment leases and shipping containers, as well as nontraditional asset classes such as servicer advances, structured settlements, television royalty rights, healthcare receivables, timeshare receivables and whole business securitizations. Megan’s experience also includes representing lenders, participants, agents, sponsors and borrowers in single-bank, club deals and syndicated credits, as well as merger and acquisition financings, restructurings, debtor-in-possession financings and secured and unsecured single currency, multi-currency and cross-border lending transactions. She also frequently represents buyers and sellers in sales of student loans, personal loans and other financial assets.
- Represented KKR’s credit funds and accounts in connection with the purchase of a US$7.2 billion portfolio of super-prime recreational vehicle (RV) loans from BMO Bank National Association.
- Representation of a joint venture among Nelnet, Inc. and certain investors as issuer’s counsel on the US$4,031,720,000 Nelnet Student Loan Trust 2021-A securitization backed by private student loans.
- Representation of OneMain in its OMFIT and SLFT securitizations and warehouse facilities.
- Issuer’s counsel for a national online lender in its 144A securitizations backed by unsecured personal loans.
- Seller’s counsel for various marketplace and fintech lenders in forward flow purchase facilities.
- Representation of a national bank in sale of its FFELP and private student loan portfolios, including non-performing loans.
- Borrower’s counsel in warehouse facility backed by student loan refinance loans.
- Lender’s counsel in numerous prime and subprime auto loan warehouse facilities.
- Lender’s counsel in acquisition financing of prime auto loan receivables.
- Representations of lenders in FFELP student loan warehouse financings with aggregate commitments in excess of US$30 billion.
- Lender’s counsel in several accounts receivable facilities in utilities, transportation, and other sectors, including healthcare receivables.
- Issuer’s counsel in issuance of SpringCastle Asset-Backed Notes to finance purchase of US$3.9 billion portfolio of consumer loans from HSBC.
- Advised auto loan originators in connection with establishment of vaulting arrangements for electronic chattel paper and development of Master Electronic Collateral Control Agreement form, including issues with respect to perfection of security interests by “control” of “authoritative copies”.
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- University of Michigan Law School, 法学博士, 2006 (cum laude)
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, B.S.F.S., 2003 (with honors, magna cum laude)