We have long represented providers of all types in major enforcement actions involving false billing, kickbacks, unnecessary services and quality of care. Among other matters:
- We have represented numerous hospitals in connection with government investigations relating to billing and anti-kickbacks issues and handled a number of OIG self-disclosures for such entities.
- We represented two national for-profit long-term care companies in connection with numerous criminal and civil investigations related to alleged kickbacks, billing fraud and quality of care issues.
- We represented the nation’s largest for-profit provider of psychiatric services in numerous criminal and civil investigations relating to alleged kickbacks to physicians, billing improprieties and quality of care.
- We represented one of the nation’s most prominent DME suppliers in connection with a variety of federal investigations relating to billing for DME supplies.
- Several lawyers in our group (prior to joining Sidley) represented a major dialysis provider in connection with what was (at the time) the largest healthcare fraud settlement as well as subsequent settlements with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston.