- We represented a major national medical association in an antitrust action challenging the residency match program, by which medical school graduates are assigned to programs in graduate medical education. In 2006, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit affirmed the dismissal of the suit against our client.
- We represent an academic medical center in a qui tam action relating to the operation of the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit.
- We successfully represented a national medical company in a Federal Trade Commission investigation of a consummated merger. After over four years of investigation, the Commission closed the investigation.
- We represent a national provider of hospital-based physician services in litigation challenging the company’s integrated model for providing services as a violation of state law. In 2006, we won summary judgment for the client on claims of tortious interference with contract and unfair competition.
- We represent a major national medical association in an antitrust suit challenging the association’s decision not to assign a specific medical code to a medical device.
- We represent a medical diagnostic imaging company in an antitrust suit filed in federal court in New York.
- We represent a leading provider of hospitalist services in litigation involving the enforcement of restrictive covenants with physicians.