BANKS BRUCE is a partner in Sidley’s Dallas office. His practice focuses on private equity, financing and energy transactions, both domestically and internationally, including private equity backed financings, acquisition financings, oil and gas financings (for both midstream and upstream oil and gas companies), debt restructurings and recapitalizations, syndicated financings, cash flow financings, asset-based financings, mezzanine financing transactions, direct lending transactions, distressed financings, debtor-in-possession financings and exit financings. Banks additionally has experience in public and private securities transactions, general corporate and M&A transactions, general corporate governance and compliance matters and commodities and other derivative related matters.
Banks was most recently recognized as a 2017 “Rising Star” in Banking, Energy & Natural Resources, and Securities & Corporate Finance by Texas Super Lawyers.
Banks’ experience since joining Sidley includes:
- Sidley represented affiliates of Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners in the financing for the purchase of Oryx Midstream Services. The financing consisted of a $1.5 billion senior secured Term Loan B facility and a separate senior secured revolving credit facility.
- Resolute Industrial, a portfolio company of One Equity Partners, in a senior secured credit facility to finance its acquisition of Tioga HVAC, and related subsequent refinancings
- MatrixCare, Inc., a portfolio company of OMERS Private Equity, in an incremental financing to finance its acquisition of SigmaCare
- An upstream oil and gas company with assets in Texas, Louisiana and North Dakota in a reserve based revolving loan facility with a group of commercial banks and a second lien financing with a group of institutional investors
- An upstream oil and gas company with assets in Oklahoma in a reserve based revolving loan facility
- A group of lenders in a senior secured financing for an oil field services company with frac sand supply operations, including subsequent incremental financings
- Athene Holding, a leading retirement services and life insurance holding company, in various intercompany investment and financing transactions
- Genworth Financial, a leading insurance and financial services company, in a senior secured term loan facility to refinance its senior notes due 2018
- Beacon Roofing Supply, a leading supplier of roofing and building supplies, in a senior secured asset-based lending facility and senior secured term loan facility to finance its acquisition of Allied Building Products
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- University of Oklahoma, B.B.A., 2004
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., 2007 (with honors)
- St. John's University, MBA, 2007