CHARLOTTE NEWELL practices in the Securities and Shareholder Litigation and Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation groups in the firm’s New York office. Charlotte focuses her practice on stockholder class and derivative actions, M&A litigation, securities class actions, and investment fund matters. Prior to joining Sidley, Charlotte was a law clerk for the Honorable J. Travis Laster, Vice Chancellor of the Delaware Court of Chancery. Thereafter she was an associate at another global law firm advising on a variety of corporate governance, securities, and mutual fund litigation matters.
Charlotte received her B.A. from the Schreyer Honors College at The Pennsylvania State University and her J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania, where she was an associate editor for the Journal of Business Law and received the Oscar Bregman Prize for Excellence in the Field of Business Law.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Pennsylvania
- New York
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2012 (magna cum laude)
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2008