Prior to joining Sidley, Chelsea was a Bristow Fellow at the Office of the Solicitor General, where she worked on Supreme Court litigation on behalf of the federal government. She was also a law clerk for Chief Judge Merrick B. Garland in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, a law clerk for Chief Judge Barbara M. G. Lynn, an extern for Judge Michelle T. Friedland in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, and a page for the U.S. House of Representatives.
While attending Stanford Law School, Chelsea was a semifinalist in the Kirkwood Moot Court Competition, where she was awarded Best Petitioner’s Brief. She served as managing editor of the Stanford Law Review and graduated with pro bono distinction given her roles as co-coordinator of the Tax Pro Bono Project and a volunteer for the Lifer Parole Project. Chelsea was also a pupil in The Honorable William A. Ingram American Inns of Court. She gained additional experience as a research and teaching assistant for multiple professors and was honored with Gerald Gunther Prizes for Outstanding Performance in many areas.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Texas
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Texas
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Texas
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of Texas
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2015
- Princeton University, B.A., 2012 (summa cum laude)
- Barbara M.G. Lynn, U.S. District Court, N.D. of Texas (2020)
- Merrick B. Garland, U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit (2015 - 2016)