CHAD SCHAFER is a partner in the Litigation group of the firm’s Chicago office. Chad has handled both at trial and on appeal a diverse range of civil litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout the country.
His concentrations include prosecuting and defending trade secrets, software and technology litigation, state and local tax controversies, class action defense, defending corporations in connection with allegations of federal statutory violations and the breach of significant contracts, as well as conducting internal investigations for institutions.
Chad has been recognized as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for 2016 and 2017 in the area of Business Litigation.
Chad received his A.B. in Psychology from Stanford University in 2000 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Chicago in 2003. Chad was admitted to the Illinois Bar in 2003.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - General
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Wisconsin
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2003
- Stanford University, A.B., 2000