EMILY MILY WEXLER is a Pro Bono Counsel who coordinates the firm’s Veterans Advocacy Project. The firm works with legal services providers to provide pro bono legal assistance to veterans seeking VA and military disability benefits and help with discharge issues. Ms. Wexler is a member of the National Organization of Veterans Advocates and the Association of Pro Bono Counsel.
Prior to coordinating the Veterans Advocacy Project, Ms. Wexler was a litigation associate in Sidley’s Chicago office for six years, where her practice focused on consumer class actions, general commercial disputes, RICO, fraud, and professional ethics. Ms. Wexler also served for one year as a law clerk to Judge Alan C. Kay, United States District Court, District of Hawaii.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - General
- U.S. District Court, C.D. of Illinois
- Northwestern School of Law, J.D., 1999 (cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1996 (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Alan C. Kay, U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii (2000)