JULIA MIRABELLA is an associate in Sidley’s White Collar: Government Litigation and Investigations practice group in Sidley’s Washington, D.C. office. Julia advises clients on a broad range of issues in connection with government and internal investigations, special committee and board-led investigations, whistleblower complaints, and building, enhancing and testing compliance programs. As a part of her work, Julia represents public companies, financial institutions, and senior officers in connection with high-profile and complex matters including domestic and cross-border internal investigations as well as investigations initiated by the Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and other federal and state regulators. Julia has handled matters involving, among other things, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the False Claims Act (FCA) and various securities laws and regulations.
Julia’s recent representative matters include:
- Representing a large public company in internal investigations and SEC/DOJ investigations involving the FCPA in Latin America;
- Representing a financial services company in connection with an internal investigation and FINRA inquiry;
- Representing a multi-national corporation in an FCA investigation before the Department of Justice’s Civil and Criminal Divisions;
- Representing a multinational financial services corporation with an Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) investigation related to the U.S. sanctions program; and
- Representing a major transportation company in FCPA investigations alleging violations in Vietnam.