Sidley regularly represents OEMs, suppliers, investors, and others in leading-edge deals and corporate work.
- Advised on the IPO of Changjiu Holdings Limited (HKEX: 6959) on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX). The offering raised approximately HK$300.7 million. Sidley acted as Hong Kong legal counsel for the joint sponsors: CITIC Securities (Hong Kong) Limited and ICBC International Capital Limited Changjiu Holdings Limited is the largest pledged vehicle monitoring service provider in China’s automobile sales and distribution industry.
- Sidley advised Faraday Future Intelligent Electric Inc. in connection with its purchase and simultaneous sale leaseback of its Hanford, CA, electric vehicle manufacturing facility.
- Sidley represented Mapbox Inc., a location platform company, powering maps and navigation for major automotive OEMs, in its US$280 million Series E funding round.
- Sidley is representing Accelera by Cummins, a business unit of Cummins Inc. [NYSE: CMI], in its joint venture with Daimler Truck, PACCAR, and Eve Energy Co., Ltd. to manufacture battery cells for electric commercial vehicles. The total expected investment is in the range of US$2 to US$3 billion for the factory.
- Represented ChargePoint Holdings in its US$150 million senior secured revolving credit facility with JPMorgan Chase Bank, as administrative agent. JPMorgan Chase Bank and HSBC Ventures USA acted as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners for the credit facility.