Sidley is pleased to share the December 2020 issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a quarterly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters.
- Sharing Board Meeting Minutes With Independent Auditors: A Litigator’s Perspective
- Steps for Corporate Boards Serious About Improving Diversity in the Boardroom
- Finally, Some COVID-19-Related M&A Guidance: Delaware Court of Chancery Issues Decision Analyzing MAE and Ordinary Course Provisions During COVID-19
- Delaware Court of Chancery Invokes Rarely Successful “Fraud-on-the-Board” Theory, Permitting Duty of Loyalty Claims to Proceed
- Delaware Supreme Court Reaffirms Import of Deal Value In Resolving Appraisal Petitions
- Under Delaware Law, Appraisal Actions Do Not Constitute “Securities Claims”Covered by D&O Policy
- House Passes Bill to Delist Foreign Companies From U.S. Stock Exchanges
- SEC Charges Company for Internal Controls Violations When It Implemented a Stock Buyback Plan Just Before Resuming Merger Discussions
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- Nasdaq Aims to Increase Board Diversity Through New Proposed Listing Requirements
- BlackRock Announces Plans to Vote Against Directors and Support Shareholder Proposals More Frequently in 2021 to Spur Action on ESG Matters
- Coalition Led by State Treasurers Urges Russell 3000 Companies to Disclose Board Diversity Data in 2021 Proxy Statements
- Influential Working Group Releases Practical Guidance for Hosting Virtual Shareholder Meetings
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives or suggestions for topics to be covered in future issues, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sidley Austin LLP provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.