ALYSSA LEVY graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif from the University of Miami School of Law with a J.D. and LL.M in Sports and Entertainment Law. During law school, she served as vice president of the Entertainment and Sports Law Society and was co-chair of the Global Entertainment & Sports Law + Industry Conference committee. Alyssa was also a teacher’s assistant for many of her entertainment and sports law classes.
During her final year in law school, Alyssa was a legal extern for the Miami Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium. She also worked as a legal student associate at Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. for the sponsorships and partnerships department.
Prior to law school, Alyssa worked as a case assistant at a major law firm in New York City.
Alyssa’s recent matters include:
- Represented the Professional Fighters League (PFL) in the acquisition of Bellator from Paramount Global.
- Represented a diverse group led by Laura Ricketts and other prominent Chicago women business and civic leaders in its acquisition of the Chicago Red Stars NWSL franchise, valued at US$60 million.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with an amended and restated credit facility to finance a Formula 1 race and related course improvements; the transaction also required negotiating complex use and non-disturbance arrangements with respect to the course and surrounding premises.
- Represented co-lead investor Gabe Plotkin in the consortium purchasing the controlling stake of the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets from Michael Jordan. The transaction is valued at approximately US$3 billion.
- Representing Tampa Sports Authority in ongoing stadium development negotiations.
- Representing RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. in its US$2.985 billion acquisition of American International Group, Inc.’s treaty reinsurance business.
- University of Miami School of Law, 法学博士, 2022 (magna cum laude)
- University of Miami School of Law, 法学硕士, 2022 (magna cum laude)
- Northwestern University, 文学学士, 2017