SARAH TUCKER is a partner in the Energy practice in Sidley’s Washington, D.C. office. She represents financial institutions, energy and commodity companies, and trade associations in a variety of transactional, regulatory, and risk management matters, with a particular focus on energy products and the development and operation of energy projects. She advises clients in structuring, analyzing, and negotiating complex offtake, trading, and hedging transactions and collateral arrangements for conventional and renewable electricity, environmental attributes, carbon credits, natural gas, crude oil, and other commodities. She also negotiates and provides counsel with respect to key energy project contracts including agreements for energy management, operations and maintenance, EPC, interconnection, asset management, equipment supply, transportation service and transmission use, as well as standardized industry agreements such as ISDAs, EEIs, and NAESBs. Sarah also guides clients on regulatory compliance and documentation issues related to structured commodity and derivatives transactions, including with respect to compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act and the Department of Energy’s regulations governing natural gas and electricity exports and imports. She serves on the contract drafting committee for the Edison Electric Institute, which represents all U.S. investor-owned electric companies.
Sarah’s recent experience includes:
- Representing Invenergy in a definitive agreement with Blackstone Infrastructure Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for an approximately $3 billion equity investment in Invenergy Renewables Holdings by funds managed by Blackstone Infrastructure Partners, in one of the largest renewable energy investments.
- Representing Brookfield Renewable, one of the largest publicly traded, pure-play renewable power platforms worldwide, in its purchase of greenfield solar and battery storage project developer Urban Grid.
- Representing WhiteWater Midstream in the acquisition of Sendero Midstream Partners LP’s Gateway Pipeline.
- Representing I Squared Capital in its acquisition of independent power producer (IPP) Atlantic Power Corporation in a transaction with an enterprise value of $961 million.
- Representing Morgan Stanley Capital Group Inc. in a variety of long-term, full-requirements power purchase agreements and hedging transactions to serve municipal and cooperative customers in the Southeast, Midwest, and Texas, including arrangements by which the client, as the scheduling agent, balances the output of multiple generation assets and contracts against customer load.
- Representing leading hedge providers such as Citigroup Energy Inc. and Merrill Lynch Commodities, Inc. in long-term secured hedges to enable the debt and tax equity financing of various wind power generating projects.
- Representing Citigroup Energy Inc. in a variety of secured revenue put hedge transactions backstopping construction financing of conventional power projects, including for the Tenaska Westmoreland Generating Station and the Indeck Niles Energy Center.
- Representing Mexico’s Comisión Federal de Electricidad and its U.S. marketing affiliate, CFE International LLC, in connection with the development of new natural gas pipelines in Texas, and with their natural gas marketing operations.
- 哥伦比亚法学院, 法学博士, 2010
- 美国哈佛大学, 文学学士, 2005 (cum laude)