The Women’s Life Sciences Network was born out of a desire to foster exchanges between like-minded female professionals in the Life Sciences industry. The objectives of the Network are to provide a platform for high-level discussion of life sciences law and policy developments, facilitate and strengthen informal contact among women professionals, and mentor and promote the advancement of women in the field.
Josefine Sommer (Senior Associate – Sidley) and Anna Pavlou (Head of Legal, Global R&D and Regulatory – Galderma) co-founded the Women Life Sciences Network (WLSN).
Ahead of the next WLSN event in London, Anna Pavlou, Head of Legal, Global R&D and Regulatory at Galderma, and Josefine Sommer, Senior Associate Sidley Austin, co- founders of the WLSN, had a short discussion with Sam Atkinson Interim Chief Quality & Access Officer at Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency.
Note: the in-person event will be subject to local restrictions and guidelines at the time of the event.
- February 12, 2020 (Brussels) – Presentation by Isabel de la Mata, Principal Adviser for Health and Crisis Management, European Commission and Dineke Zeegers Paget, Executive Director, EUPHA
- October 15, 2019 (Zurich) – Presentation by Emer Cooke, Director, Regulation of Medicines and other Health Technologies, WHO and Petra Dörr, Former Deputy Executive Director, Swissmedic, followed by a discussion with Nakisa Serry, Corporate Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Celgene International and Melinda Friend, Chief Regulatory Counsel, Colgate-Palmolive
- June 25, 2019 (Brussels) – Discussion with Olga Tkachenko, Scientific Policy Officer, DG GROW, European Commission and Petra Zoellner, Senior Manager Regulations and Industrial Policy, MedTech Europe
- February 20, 2019 (Brussels) – Discussion with Kristine Peers, General Counsel, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries (EFPIA) and Rebecca Wood, Partner, Sidley and Former Chief Counsel, Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- November 7, 2018 (Brussels) – Discussion with Amaryllis Verhoeven, Head of the Intellectual Property Unit (DG GROW F5), European Commission
- June 14, 2018 (Brussels) – Presentation by Olga Solomon, Head of Unit, Directorate General for Health & Food Safety (DG SANTE), European Commission
- February 21, 2018 (Brussels) – Presentation by Dorthe Poulsen, Chief Legal Adviser, EU and International Coordinator, Danish Medicines Agency
- October 18, 2017 (Brussels) – Panel discussion with Stephanie Lane, Director Public Policy, MSD Europe Inc.; Sini Eskola, Director Regulatory Affairs, EFPIA; Elizabeth Kuiper, Director European Affairs, EFPIA
- February 8, 2017 (Brussels) – Presentation by Maya Matthews, Deputy Head of Unit, Strategy and Coordination, DG Health and Food Safety, European Commission