CHRIS BOYLE is a life sciences lawyer who advises and litigates in the highly regulated fields of human medicines, veterinary medicines and medical devices. The clinical experience Chris gained as a veterinary surgeon is a particular asset to his practice.
- Chris’s practice for biopharma and pharma clients includes advising on strategies to maximize valuable IP regulatory rights such as orphan drug market exclusivity, pediatric rewards, supplementary protection certificates and regulatory data protection rights.
- In the medtech sector, Chris helps clients navigate the evolving regulatory framework under the new medical device regulations and he advises on classification and borderline issues.
- For animal health clients, Chris advises across a broad spectrum of issues including advertising and promotional campaigns, off-label prescribing, compounding and novel routes to market. He also advises clients preparing for the new EU veterinary medicines regulations and EU animal health regulations.
- Across these sectors, Chris advises on: Brexit-related issues, market access, advertising and transparency, and provides specialist life sciences advice to support corporate transactions and private equity deals.
Chris is experienced in representing clients before the UK and EU courts. He is acting for a pharmaceutical company in high-value, follow-on damages proceedings in the United Kingdom concerning the intersection between competition, regulatory and patent law. Chris recently acted in two sets of Court of Appeal hearings, one of which is proceeding to the UK Supreme Court. He also helped to successfully enforce orphan drug market exclusivity before the General Court in Luxembourg.
Chris speaks regularly on hot topics in regulatory life sciences including: maximizing IP regulatory rights, the orphan drug regulatory framework and the regulatory framework for veterinary medicines. He authored the orphan drug chapter in the Oxford University Press textbook “Navigating European Pharmaceutical Law.”
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- The College of Law (England and Wales), Graduate Diploma in Law, 2011 (with distinction)
- Royal Veterinary College, Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine, 2009
- Royal Veterinary College, B.S., 2007 (with first class honours)