Sidley is a leader in advising biotech innovators and investors throughout the lifecycle of their products and investments. Working closely with the firm’s lawyers in the United States, Europe and Asia, we have decades of experience in helping our clients raise funds and capital, conduct clinical trials, comply with GMP and anti-corruption rules, and protect and commercialize their intellectual property. We understand the issues innovators in the biotech industry face—from the science and technology to the business realities.
We bring value to our clients in the following ways:
- Innovative approach—Our lawyers are experienced in the patent legal issues faced by biotech companies, as well as in counseling financial sponsors, lenders, venture capitalists and private equity clients on the variety of agreements and partnerships they may enter into. Harnessing the talent of the firm’s robust transactional and life sciences regulatory practices, we confront our clients’ most challenging issues with innovative solutions.
- Leaders in the industry—Sidley is at the forefront of the biotech movement with our “EYE ON BIO” series; events that feature perspectives on biotech innovation and investment around the world, with thought leaders from the business, legal, academic and medical communities.
- Deep industry experience—We are dedicated to providing practical advice regarding the unique disclosure and compliance issues biotech companies face. Our lawyers provide services in matters relating to the development, manufacture and marketing of products regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the European Commission, the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) and other related government authorities.
- Diversified services—We assist biotech clients on a variety of complex matters, including: mergers and acquisitions, private equity, regulation, compliance and investigations, funding, competition, dispute resolution, tax, intellectual property, products liability and capital markets.
SERVICES AND INDUSTRIES
- Corporate Venture Capital
- Emerging Health Technology and Products
- Food, Drug and Medical Device
- Healthcare Regulatory
- Global Drug Pricing
- Global Life Sciences
- Life Sciences Partnering and Licensing Transactions
- Life Sciences Transactions
- Pre-Commercial Life Sciences Companies
- Technology and Life Sciences Transactions